McMEANS PTA- General Membership Meetings
4/26/2020 General Meeting Notice:
McMeans Junior High PTA will be holding a General Membership meeting on Thursday, April 30, 2020, at 10 am. Due to current social distancing guidelines, our meeting will be held on the Zoom platform. Any ballot voting necessary will be via Google Forms. To participate in the meeting, all must register by Wednesday April 29, 2020 at 5pm by emailing .
During this meeting, we will be voting on our 2020 - 2021 Slate of Officers. In addition to the slate put forth by our nominating committee, we will be accepting floor nominations. On Thursday, April 23, 2020, the Executive Board voted to accept notice of intent to run from the floor during the meeting. You must be a paid PTA member in order to run.
As we approach the meeting you will receive an email from Diane Jacobson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Zoom link to join our meeting.
The meeting will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start time. In order to be accepted, you MUST have your first and last name in your profile so we are able to accept you into the meeting. If we cannot verify the name, you will not be admitted. If ballot voting is necessary, ballots for each position will be sent out separately. Please make sure you have access to your registered email to receive ballots for voting. Do NOT log out of the meeting while voting. You must be present in the Zoom meeting in order to receive a ballot. The ballots will be open for 2 minutes to allow for your vote.
April 29 – 5 pm deadline to register your attendance
Apr 30 – 10 am General Membership Meeting via Zoom (link will be emailed closer to the meeting date)
· The chair gives the chance to speak to every member who wishes to do so. Pro and con speakers should be given alternating opportunities to speak, if possible, and all speakers should tactfully be kept to rules of order and to the question.
· Each member has two opportunities to speak to the motion. A member may exercise his or her first opportunity to speak and, then, after every other member has the chance to speak, may speak only once more.
· All statements must be addressed to the chair and not to another member.
· The chair recognizes a member who has not previously spoken to the motion in preference to one who has spoken.
· The chair does not enter into the discussion. Should the President wish to debate, the chair must ask the Vice President to preside. He or she does not resume the chair until after the final disposition of the question under discussion. The President may vote when the vote would change the outcome (to make or break a tie) or when the voting is by ballot.
· Debate continues until no one wishes to speak or until someone moves to close debate.
· Members cannot close debate by shouting, “Question.” A member must seek recognition and make the motion properly and requires a 2/3 vote to pass. (“I move the previous question.”)
If you have any questions, please contact our PTA President, Sophia Winkle email@example.com