HARVEY RELIEF FOR OUR BOBCAT FAMILY
As a Bobcat community, we are here for each other- now more than ever. Many individuals and groups- near and far and among us- have asked how they can help MMJH teachers, staff, students, parents affected by Harvey devestation. McMeans PTA has organized a simple, but meaningful way to directly assist those in our community.
Local Katy Resources
This list will evolve rapidly, but we will do our best to keep up and keep you posted!
List of churches in need and catering to needs:
(Source: Katy Magazine Online)
A compilation of free items and services for those affected by floods, including clothes, pet supplies, house muck out, eye checks, and laundry services.
Source: Katy Magazine Online
Source: Katy Magazine Online
MMJH Faculty, Staff and McMeans Families affected by this disaster will submit wish lists that anyone (worldwide) can shop from - wedding registry style. Please continue to check as we add to our master list of wish lists!
I AM A BOBCAT FAMILY or STAFF MEMBER WHO HAS FLOOD DAMAGE
We are so very sorry for all you have been through over the last month. McMeans PTA is here for you! We want to be a provide a simple and helpful way to help you get your home put back together!
We realize that everyone's needs are different and will vary in quantity, type, and value. Therefore, our idea is to set up Amazon Wish Lists so we can share ASAP with the MMJH community and friends who are willing to help. These can be made anonymous if you choose. PTA cannot accept and distribute cash, so this is a way we can help get you what you need to replace your personal belongings and home basics.
How to create an Amazon Wish List
1) If you have your own Amazon account, you can create your Amazon Wish List and share the wish list link via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the list is made "Public" for everyone to access. If you are not familiar with Amazon Wish Lists, refer to this link. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS in the List Description.
2) If you prefer the list to be anonymous, or if you do not have an Amazon account, please email a list (with preferred quantities and brands if needed) to email@example.com. Your amazon list will be created for you and kept private. It can be added to at ANY time by just a quick email. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR MAILING ADDRRESS.
What happens to the Wish List?
Links to Amazon Wish Lists will be placed on the MMJH PTA website. Your list will be assigned a number and marked "Family #5", Staff #2, etc.
Everyone is welcome to share the links by email or on social media to spread the word.
Just like a wedding or baby gift registry, as items are purchased, they are removed from the wish list. When a Wish List has been completely fulfilled (yay!), the link will be removed from the MMJH PTA site.
What can I put on my Wish List?
You might be overwhelmed at this point to think of what you may need, but here are a few starting points:
- clothes and shoes, especially for work or school
- toys, yard play, or activity supplies
- kitchen items and pantry supplies
- bed and bath items
- school supplies and books
- pet items
- household equipment and tools
- home decor items
Amazon shopping also has landscape plants and other outdoor items you may not have thought about replacing as well!
If you are overwhelmed, ask a relative, friend, or parent to help you create it if it makes it easier. Or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more ideas.
Send us an email and we will get back to you soon at email@example.com.
Once created, you can click "Share" (see envelope icon) to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS AN AMAZON WISH and
HOW DO I SHARE IT?
Amazon account require registration with email and contact info. Once registered, check the upper right tabs under "Account & Lists" OR "Create a list". Make sure it's a "Wish list" and PUBLIC when created.